One minute manager: 1분 경영자.
1분이라는 시간이 얼마나 짧을까요?
아마도 촌각을 나누어 생활을 하는 현대인들이게는 길게 느껴질 수 도 있겠습니다만, 반대로 또 얼마나 수없이 많은 시간을 "쓸모없는 일" 에 낭비하고 살고 있는지 곰곰히 생각해보면 1분이라는 시간이 너무 나도 하찮고 가치없어 보이기도 할 겁니다.
하지만, 결정적인 1분이라는 시간이 큰 경영상의 성과를 가져온다면 어떻게 생각하시겠습니까?
1분이라는 시간을 가치있게 사용해서 큰 성공을 가져올 수 있다면 해볼만 하지 않겠습니까?
'누가 내 치즈를 옮겼을까를 쓴 Spencer Johnson과 함께하면서 미국 National Training Laboratory와 Blanchard Training and Development, Inc. 회장인 Dr. Kenneth Blanchard 라는 분이 1982년 펴낸 The one minutes manager 라는 오래된 책에서 1분의 시간이 21세기 들어서도 여전히 유효할 수 있음을 다시 한 번 생각해보면, 경영의 원리 또는 리더십의 원리라는 것이 오랜 세월의 변천에도 불구하고 여전히 비슷함을 알게 될 수 있을 겁니다.
"하늘아래 새로운 것은 없다" 는 말이 바로 이런 것이 아닐까요?
One minutes Manager
- Tough manager: Organizations win, people lost: Autocrat, Bottom-Line, Hard-nosed, realistic, Profit-minded
- Nice manager: People win, organization lost: Democratic, Participative, Supportive, Considerate, Humanistic
- Effective manager !: But How?
- Alchemy of effective leadership
- Listen carefully
- One Minutes Manager?
First Secret: One minute Goal setting (1분 목표설정)
- One-page Statement: Be simple, Get the point, 80:20 rule!
- Focus real Problem: Actually happening and Desire to be happening
- Socratic Dialogue:
- Summary of One minute goal setting
- 1. Agree on your goals
- 2. See what good behavior looks like
- 3. Write out each of your goals on a single sheet of paper using less than 250 words
- 4. Read and re-read each goals, which requires only a minute or so each time you do it
- 5. Take a minute every once in a while out of your day to look at your performance, and
- 6. See whether or not your behavior matches your goal
Second Secret: One minute Praisings(1분 칭찬)
- Most organization managers spend most their time "Doing something wrong"
- But, focusing on "catching people doing something right"
- 1. Praise as soon as people done something right
- 2. Specify exactly what people do right
- 3. Keep consistency
- Summary of One minutes Praising
- 1. Tell people up front that you are going to let them know how they are doing
- 2. Praise people immediately
- 3. Tell people what they did right-be specific
- 4. Tell people how good you feel about what they did right, and how it helps the organization and the other people who work there.
- 5. Stop for a moment of silence to let them "feel" how good you feel
- 6. encourage them to do more of the same
- 7. Shake hands or touch people in a way that makes it clear that you support their success in the organization
Third Secret: One Minute Reprimands (1분 질책)
- Tell people beforehand that you are going to let them know how they are doing and in no certain terms
- 1st half of the reprimand
- Reprimand people immediately
- Tell people what they did wrong-be specific
- Tell people how you feel about what they did wrong and in no uncertain terms
- Stop for a few seconds of uncomfortable silence to let them "fell" how you feel
- 2nd half of the reprimand
- Shake hands, or touch them in a way that lets them know you are honestly on their side
- Remind them how much you value them
- Reaffirm that you think well of them but not of their performance in this situation
- Realize that when the reprimand i over, it's over
One minutes manager
- Aligning "Goal" is the key
- "Praise" before something is wrong
- "Reprimand" Be nice and tough, not tough and nice!
- People who feel good about themselves produce "Good results"
- Help people reach their full potential: Catch them doing something right
- The best minutes I spend is the one I invest in People
- Everyone is a potential winner. Some people are disguised as a loser. Don't let their appearance fool you.
- Take a minute: Look at your goals, Look at your performance, See if your behavior matched your goals
- We are not just our behavior. We are the person managing our behavior
- Goals begin behaviors. Consequences maintain behaviors
- Share it with others
'Meditation on Korean Leadership > 1.Leadership Anecdote' 카테고리의 다른 글
|대한민국은 故 노무현 대통령과 같은 지도자를 가질 자격이 있는가? (3)||2009.05.29|
|CEO의 편지 (잭 웰치) (0)||2009.03.13|
|One Minute Manager (1분 경영자)! (0)||2009.03.13|
|참담한 실패를 가져오는 진정한 惡이란....!! (0)||2008.12.26|
|[그림] 혼자 할 수 없다면..??? (0)||2008.11.10|
|[들어가는 말] 통일 첫세대 어떻게 기를 것인가? (0)||2008.11.08|