Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Landing PAD (Wenzhou)
The United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a set of 17 interconnected global goals to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure peace and prosperity for all. The SDGs were adopted in 2015 as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, a plan of action for people, the planet, and prosperity.
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions Partnerships for the Goals
The SDGs are intended to be a blueprint for achieving a better and more sustainable future for all, and their implementation is meant to be a shared responsibility of all actors, including governments, businesses, civil society, and individuals.
What can Colleges and universities do for SDG?
Colleges and universities can play a significant role in advancing the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their teaching, research, and engagement activities. Here are some actions that colleges and universities can take to support the SDGs:
- Integrate the SDGs into the curriculum:
- Incorporate the SDGs into coursework, research projects, and other academic activities to raise awareness and increase knowledge about sustainable development.
- Promote sustainability on campus: Encourage sustainable practices on campus, such as reducing waste, conserving energy and water, and promoting sustainable transportation options.
- Support research and innovation: Support research and innovation that addresses the challenges of sustainable development, such as developing clean technologies, improving food security, and reducing the impacts of climate change.
- Engage with the local community: Partner with local organizations, businesses, and government agencies to address sustainable development challenges and create positive impacts in the community.
- Foster a culture of sustainability: Create a culture of sustainability on campus by encouraging students, staff, and faculty to adopt sustainable practices in their personal and professional lives.
- Collaborate with other institutions: Collaborate with other colleges and universities, as well as international organizations, to share knowledge, best practices, and innovative solutions to advance the SDGs.
By taking these actions, colleges and universities can play a key role in advancing the SDGs and help to create a more sustainable future for all.
Wenzhou SDG Landing PAD
2023.02.12: WKU SDG PAD Launch Meeting (3PM @ GEH A212)
"Innovation Center" at WKU for Green Technology Innovation to Serve SDG
2023.02.13: Director Martin Hoxer from Innovation Center Denmark to talk about establishment of the SDG Landing Pad Lab in WKU (10AM @ GEH B202)
2023.02.10: Initially Archive
'AmericanBizEdu@China > 3.FacultyLife@China' 카테고리의 다른 글
|Kean University (Wenzhou) HR Contacts (0)||2023.03.14|
|[Media Exposure] Smile Hunter - Jerry (0)||2023.01.14|
|IRB Member Social Behavioral Educational Focus (Training Session) - Kean University (Wenzhou) (0)||2022.12.28|
|[RECORD ONLY] 2022.11.16 갈등상황보고 (0)||2022.12.05|
|WKU Foreign Faculty Legislative Status (0)||2022.09.13|