How to Apply Pass/Fail Grade Option? (Wenzhou-Kean)
by Jeonghwan (Jerry) Choi2020. 6. 11.
Kean University Union / Wenzhou accommodates the demand for learning flexibility in the Remote Class situation in 2020. The University provides the "Pass / Fail Grade Option" (This is for Spring 2020 Grade).
The Pass (P) /Fail (U) option application procedures are here. :
For 2020 Fall Semester Grade
Please use this "Pass/Fail Grading Application Form" to apply the option. (Dec. 18, 2020, updated form)
Many CBPM courses are not eligible for the PASS/Fail option.
Process of Pass / Fail Application in WKU
In order to receive a P/U as opposed to a letter grade during the Fall 2020 semester, a student must do the following:
1) Complete this form with a maximum of two coursesto be changed to P/U;
2) Discuss with an academic advisor and receive signed approval;
3) Email completed form (from the student’s official school email address), copying the academic advisor, to the registrar's office at Registrar@wku.edu.cn for processing.
(WKU Student must do these processes).
Academic Advisors need to double-check...
1. Is the applied course eligible?
2. Is the application form manipulated or not?
3. Must be informed of the application to Registra from the student.
Please use this "Pass/Fail Grading Application Form" to apply the option. (May 13, 2021, updated form)
"Not Elligible Courses for P/F option"
• College of Business and Public Management students: ACCT 2210 ECO 1020 FIN 3310 GE 2021 MGS 2150 MGS 4998 MGS 4999
• College of Science and Technology students: Natural Sciences Program students: • BIO 2910 • BIO 3614 • BIO 3709 • BIO 4316 • BIO 4316L • CHEM 4909 Computer Science Program students: All CPS courses at level 3000/4000
Mathematical Sciences Program students: All MATH courses except for MATH 1000, MATH 1010, MATH 1016, MATH 2110
• College of Liberal Arts students: ENG 1430 ENG2101 ENG 3029 ENG 3080 ENG 4817 PSY 4940 PSY 4950
• Architecture and Design students: none
Undergraduate Seniors ONLY - The Office of the Registrar must receive the approved application by June 10, 2021.
All other students – The Office of the Registrar must receive the approved application by July 1, 2021.
May 13, 2021: Updated WKU Pass/Fail options
Jan. 10, 2021: Updated WKU CBPM process considering the clarification from Dianne's clarification.
Jan. 05, 2021: Updated WKU processes to avoid cheating.