Jeonghwan (Jerry) Choi
PhD, MBA, Master of Engineering
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Zoom Contact: https://zoom.us/j/6367944506
Tel.: (312) 380-1040 (USA) • +86 133-3697-1900 (China)
(As of Feb 2022)
2007 ~ 2014 PhD, Human Resource Development, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL USA (degree awarded on Aug. 12, 2014).
Dissertation: The Effects of Autonomous Work Environment and Positive Psychological Capital on Self-directed Employee Behavior.
[Accessible in http://hdl.handle.net/2142/50613 ]
2005 MBA, International Management & HRM, HHL-Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Germany.
Thesis: Analysis of Effective Job Recruiting Tools for Chemical Engineers within Dow chemical Europe.
2004 MBA, Business Strategy & Finance, KDI School of Public Policy and Management, Seoul, Korea.
1996 ~ 1998 Master of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Smart Materials & Systems Control, Inha Graduate School of Engineering, Incheon, Korea.
Thesis: A Semi-Active Suspension Using ER Fluids for a Commercial Vehicle Seat.
1990 ~ 1996 Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Inha University, Incheon, Korea.
Thesis: Vibration control of a flexible single-link manipulator with Piezo-film actuator.
2022 ~ Current Associate Professor & Department Chair of Management, Global Business, and Marketing (MGM), College of Business and Public Management (CBPM), Kean University, Wenzhou, China.
2016 ~ 2021 Assistant Professor, Kean University, Wenzhou, China.
Excellent Course Teaching Performance - Overall teaching evaluations are over 110% than peer average according to SIR II of ETS and CAMUS Labs assessment
- Human Resource Management (MGS3030): teaching example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsF3rBTTuEo
- Organizational Behavior (MGS 3032): teaching example, 1) Introduction of OB course (The First-Rate Course teaching Award Winning Introduction Video) : https://youtu.be/vx-DDNnLAcE , 2) Lecture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSr86cLI-Zg
- Integrative Strategic Management (MGS4999), ‘Online teaching example’, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPRlv1BPz8
- Business Statistics and Application (MGS2150): teaching example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHoOZygEvk
- Operations Management (MGS4010)
- Innovation Management (Commercial Development of IT, MGS3045): teaching example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peEB_Hyd82s&t=847s
- Principles of Management (MGS 2030): teaching example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssi3RmQziOY&t=26s
- Global Practicum (Practical Business Consulting Project, MGS4810), teaching example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtj1-WQQLF8
2015 ~ 2016 Full-time Lecturer, Kean University, Wenzhou, China.
- Human Resource Management (MGS 3030)
- Principles of Management (MGS 2030)
- Organizational Behavior (MGS 3032)
- Business Statistics and Application (MGS2150)
2015 Adjunct Professor. College of Business, Ramapo College of New Jersey.
- Strategic Management (BADM 495, Spring 2015)
2014 ~ 2015 Adjunct Professor. Kean University, Union, New Jersey, USA.
- Organizational Behavior (MGS 3032, Summer 2015)
- Human Resource Management (MGS 3030, Spring 2015)
2012 ~ 2013 Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign:
- Technology and Human Resource Development (Spring 2013)
- Principles of Human Resource Development (Fall 2012, Online-class)
- International Human Resource Development (Fall 2012)
- Advanced Theories and Practice of Human Resource Development (Fall 2012)
- Social Entrepreneurship (Spring 2012)
- Teaching Interests
Human resource management and development (HRM/HRD)
Organizational behavior & development (OB/OD)
Innovation management & Entrepreneurship
Business statistics and quantitative analysis
Entrepreneurship & Social entrepreneurship
Product development & Quality Management
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATIVE APPOINTMENT
2018 ~ now Program Coordinator (Department Head) of the Department of Management, Global Business, and Marketing (MGM) at Kean University (Wenzhou, China)
- Coordinating student affairs including recruiting, retention, probation, career development, and academic progress of Management; Marketing; Entrepreneurship; MIS; Global Business majors.
- Coordinating faculty affairs including acquiring, staffing, developing, retaining, and exiting.
- Facilitating faculty affairs including hiring the best faculty talent, evaluating, promoting, and developing professional career for faculty members
- Planning, Organizing, Leading, Controlling, and Implementing University and College policies, programs, initiatives, strategic interventions, movements, and events.
Leading University, College, and Departmental Programs and Initiatives
- 2021. Mar. 02 ~ current : IRB (Institutional Review Board) Committee Coordinator of Wenzhou-Kean University and Chair in the College of Business. Leading the establishment and operation of the IRB Processes in the college of business. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/451
- 2021. Mar. 02 ~ current : Leading the QIFA (启发, 계발, Development) initiative of WKU. Organize, lead, and facililtiate, operate the initiative of QIFA(启发, 계발, Development) to sharing knowledge and insights from WKU Faculty and researchers to answer students or community's questions. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/527
- 2021. Mar. 02 ~ Mar .15 : Facilitating the First-Rate Course Teaching Award. Organized, Led, and Facilitated the “Application of the First-Rate Course of Zhejiang Province Teaching Award. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/528
- 2021. Mar. 02 ~ current : Launching “Global MBA Program”. Planed, Organized, and Led the development of WKU Global MBA Program.https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/530
- 2020. June, 04 ~ Current: Developing “Undergraduate Business Analytics (BA) Program in Kean University (Wenzhou). Hired Dr. Chad Chae and proposed ‘strategic action plans - 10 million dollar project for Business Analytics Program. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/497
- 2020. May 07 ~ Current: Leading OER (Open Education Resource) Initiative (WKU CBPM Management & Marketing Department. Aligning with school’s strategic decision of applying ‘Open Eduction Resource’, more than 69% of Management courses adopted free e-books. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/search/OER
- 2020. June 30 ~ 2020. Oct .06: Developed Faculty Returning Protocol and Class Protocol in Pandemic. Also, guided 55 international faculty members to campus under COVID-19 situation. More than 35 international faculty members returned to campus under the guidance. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/503
- 2020. Feb. 04 ~ Aug. 31: Coordinated Online Course Development Initiative in Pandemic and delivery not only for Management department but also all WKU College of Business. Managed 25 faculty members and 4 college staffs to develop 20 online courses and more than 40 sections in order to address the COVID19 (corona virus) issue - Non face to face classes during the epidemic, https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/488
- 2019 ~ current: International Social Entrepreneurship Research Colloquium (KUSA - WKU). Established the international research colloquium to boost social entrepreneurship research (Oct. 02, 2019), https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/483
- 2019 ~ current: Research Colloquium for Management, Marketing, and Global Business department. Organized and operating the research Colloquium to boost faculty scholarship.
- 2019 ~ current: Project Based Business Learning Initiative: Recruited 22 local businesses to conduct project based learning classroom for business education. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/473
- 2018 ~ 2019 : Established Entrepreneurial Talent Development (ETD) center (currently, Business Research & Innovation Center - BRIC). https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/465?category=611871
- 2015 ~ current: Coordinating the International Kean Business Plan Competition. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/454?category=796178
2019 ~ now Director, Center for Social Enterprise & Charity, Wenzhou, China. Organizing, Facilitating, and Directing the Center for Social Enterprise & Charity to enhance the research and practice of social entrepreneurship and impacting investing. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/475
- Oct. 30, 2020: Presented the “Dynamics of Morality and Positivity in Creating Social Entrepreneurial Intention”, ISER Colloquium at Kean University, Sponsored by Center for Social Enterprise and Charity, China Social Enterprise and Impact Investing Forum, Oct. 30, 2020. Wenzhou-Kean University, GEH B-101, 7PM ~ 9PM, Wenzhou, China. Presentation Video: https://youtu.be/UYZBwJDGg0U
- Oct. 09, 2020: Donated 5,000 RMB for Wenzhou Youth Development Fund (WKU Foundation).
- Sept. 29, 2020: Donated 10 hours (equivalent to 1,000 RMB) for WKU Campus Social Enterprise (Small Tree Team). https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/512
- June 28, 2020: Presented the “Management Paradigm Change Under the Covid-19 Crisis”, The 1st Impact Investing Conference in Wenzhou (Virtual conference). Presentation Video: https://youtu.be/HirAzDzMuMM
- Established the International Social Entrepreneurship Research Colloquium (KUSA-WKU), Oct. 01, 2019 : https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/483
- Donating 2,500 RMB to Partner IAC (Institute of Academic Center) for Management/Marketing Day Event for Social Good (Sept. 23, 2019).
2019 ~ now Director, International Social Entrepreneurship Research Colloquium (Kean CBPM Union-Wenzhou). Organizing, Facilitating, and Directing the Research Colloquium for Social Entrepreneurship Research at the College of Business and Public Management.
Six researchers from Kean Union and Wenzhou are working on research project of ‘Integrative Approach to Social Entrepreneurial Intention Creation”. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/483
2019 ~ now Director, WKU CBPM Social Media Lab (SML) Established and manages the Social Media Lab (SML) since Oct. 2020 aiming to make WKU CBPM faculty, staff, and students ‘archive, disseminate, and resonate’ the CBPM knowledge and activities (opening in Sept. 2019). https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/476
As of April 2021: Uploaded more than 50 videos contents at WKU CBPM Social Media Youtube Channel. https://rb.gy/tmt526
- As of Oct. 2020: Uploaded 30 videos contents at WKU CBPM Social Media Youtube Channel. https://rb.gy/tmt526
- As of Oct. 2020: Uploaded 22 video contents at WKU CBPM Social Media Bilibili Channel https://space.bilibili.com/474089804.
- Donated 10 hours (equivalent to 1,000 RMB) for WKU Campus Social Enterprise (Small Tree Team). https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/512
2020 ~ now Director, WKU CBPM Virtual Conference Room. Established and manages the Virtual Conference Room (VCR) to since Nov. 2020 to create formal or informal learning contents at the space. The virtual conference room at WKU CBPM takes the role of 'hub' of learning/teaching/creating new knowledge without borders. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/476
- Introduction Video of VCR: https://youtu.be/XEzwg4KOBso
- Example of VCR Room application 1 : MGS2030 Class Project - “Managing Oneself” https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79LwjN0aQGCJHe9sAzC4c9Rdnrha88E-
- Example of VCR Room application 2 : Faculty Search Committee Work - Virtual Job Talk at VCR - https://youtu.be/PNfk-LFGNTk
PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS EXPERIENCES
2018 ~ now Business Advisor, OHT (OneHRT) Group, Wenzhou, China. Providing professional and academic business consulting services and advises for the Wenzhou Based Chinese Workforce Management Company,. http://www.oht.group/,
Consulting Projects for OHT
- 2020 Fall ~ current: O-K Innovation Center Project: Establishing New Media Center, People Development Center, Business Incubating Center, Business Data Center. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/519
- 2019 Summer, Global Practicum Project: Impact Investing and Social Enterprise: Co-creating the public value for people, community, and the world. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/477
- 2018 Summer, Global Practicum Project: Exploring the New Horizon for Working People: Workforce management and development strategy in China. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/459
2011 ~ 2013 Social Entrepreneur (Co-founder & Executive Director), UC Smiles, Urbana, IL. Established the nonprofit local currency social enterprise organization. More than $120,000 exchanged with local currency and 75 local businesses enrolled in Urbana-Champaign community in IL (As of Nov. 2014).
The News-Gazette (Oct. 09, 2012): https://www.news-gazette.com/news/currency-for-local-merchants-unveiled/article_47d66607-e5ef-5b07-ab21-6e5ce6862b77.html
2009 ~ 2013 Master Coach, Sundo Meditation UIUC Branch, Urbana, IL. Operated the Sundo meditation branch at UIUC and coached faculties and students to have skills of self-management and stress management. More than 15 participants were promoted into the next level of practice.
2006 ~ 2007 Leadership Training Coach, Sundo CEO Training Center, Seoul, Korea. Coached CEOs to have leadership skills, stress management capabilities, and physical, mental, spiritual vitality.
2006 Senior Business Strategy Consultant, EON Group, Seoul, Korea. Conducted business strategy consulting projects for high-tech companies (SK Telecom, Woongjin, Melon) to explore and practice new businesses. SK Telecom and Melon launched several new digital contents to reduce seasonal revenue fluctuations according to our strategic suggestions. The companies increased 6% ($420,000) of annual revenue growth.
2005 Business Strategy Consultant, Dow Chemical, Schkopau, Germany. Conducted a strategic HR consulting project of optimizing recruiting channels to get the best talented chemical engineers in Europe. Dow Chemical Europe started investing in building professional and personal networks at target colleges and universities after the project.
2005 Business Strategy Consultant, Vita 34, Leipzig, Germany. Conducted a business analysis for a new product line - Blood storage. Vita 34 halted expansion plans by taking a strategic suggestion (Risk of growth with unprepared internal competences - capabilities of organization and personnels).
1999–2004 Engineer and Product Development Project Manager, BOSCH, Buyong, Korea. Developed and managed Anti-Lock Brake System business in Asia. Launched ABS 5.3, ABS 5.3CR, ABS 8 models for Asian market. Produced and supplied more than 2,500,000 million products/year for Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, and US automotive manufacturers.
Professional Research Experience
2021 ~ now Organizer, Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD) Asia Conference Organizer. Organize and operate the AHRD Asian Conference in China (Nov. 16 ~ 18, 2022)
2020 ~ now Registered Researcher, Wenzhou-Kean University Intellectual Research Environment (WIRE). Disseminating world-class research outcomes one the WIRE platform as a leading scholar. https://wire.wku.edu.cn/cris/rp/rp00373
2019 ~ now Organizer, Research Colloquium for Management, Marketing, and Global Business department. Organized and operating the research Colloquium to boost faculty scholarship.
2014~2015 Research Fellow, Business Department, MontClaire State University, NJ. Conducted a quantitative data analysis for Sports Stadium Atmospheric effects on customer behaviors with Prof. Yam Limbu.
2012 ~ 2013 Research Assistant, HRD, College of Education, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Conducted a study of Asian leadership with Prof. Jessica Li.
2010 ~ 2011 Research Assistant, Academy for Entrepreneurial Leadership (AEL), College of Business, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. Investigated the trend of entrepreneurship education in the US Higher education.
2009 Research Assistant, Center of Advanced Material for Purification of Water with Systems (WaterCAMPWS). Developed an online community of practice, Urbana, IL, USA.
2008 ~ 2009 Program Evaluator, Special Program Office, College of Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Evaluated special programs for underserved student population in college of engineering, Urbana, IL, USA.
Research Grant & Fellowship
2022 IRSP (International Research Support Program, Zhejiang, China) fund - 100,000 RMB: Employing Traceability for Mitigating The Risk of Components Counterfeit in Supply Chains (Co-Principal Investigator with Dr. Nasser Mustafa at Computer Science at Wenzhou-Kean University)
2021 Ouhai, Wenzhou Government Fund for Cultural Innovation (under review), 20,000 RMB ($2,806) for Cultural Innovation Project.
2019 Center for Social Enterprise & Charity Fund, Annual 20,000 RBM ($2,806) . Fund for establishing and operating the research institute
2017 SpF (Student Partnering Faculty). Fund for ‘Diffusion of Legal Software Use in Campus’ action research at Kean University Wenzhou, China, (20,000 RMB - $ 2,752)
2012 Focal Point Initiative Grant for UC Smiles Project, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ($10,000).
2011 Public Engagement Grant for Local Community Economy Development Project, Office of Public Engagement, University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign ($15,000). http://www.news-gazette.com/news/business/2012-10-09/currency-local-merchants-unveiled.html
2011 Synergy Fellowship, Department of Education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ($12,000).
2007 National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Symposium Grant, NSF and Association for Educational and Communication Technology (AECT) Research and Theory Division ($700).
Research Community Service
- WKU Coordinator, International Social Entrepreneurship Research Colloquium (KUSA-WKU, since 2019), https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/483
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets (IJBEM, since 2018)
- Review Board Member, International Journal of Business and Applied Science (IJBAS, since 2015)
- Member of Teaching Society of Management Educators (OBTS: Management & Organizational Behavior Teaching Society since 2016)
- Member of Business And Applied Science Academy of North America (BAASANA) 2015
- Member of Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD): Journal Reviewer of HRD International (since 2014)
- Member of Academy of Management (HR, OB, International Management division): Journal Reviewer of Organizational Behavior Division (since 2013)
The Effects of Autonomous Work Environment and Positive Psychological Capital on Self-directed Employee Behavior: Evidence from South Korea. (Ph.D. Degree awarded by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Aug. 2014). http://hdl.handle.net/2142/50613
Choi, J. (2009). Kyogam-Sharing Sense: Leadership Principles for Leading 4th Wave. Happy Story, Seoul, Korea. ISBN : 978-89-93225-16-7, https://bit.ly/2WYbNR3
Choi, J. (2005). Change everything except for your wife and children: Samsung Leadership. Perspectives on Leadership: Observations of an international group of MBA students. HHL–Leipzig Graduate School of Management.
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
Choi, J. & Yoo S. (2018). Concise of Human Resource Development: Overview of HRD History, Definition, Philosophy, Theory & Practice, and Future Challenges. Youtube Channel (Total 10 sections, 8 hours, Korean language), https://youtu.be/mw-eFLpJWjQ
Knowledge Warehouse for Kean University (Wenzhou)
Choi, J. Established and operates WKU CBPM MGM Faculty Knowledge Warehouse since Fall 2015. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/540
The purpose of establishing, archiving, and operating the Knowledge Warehouse is to help and thrive faculty, staff, and students to pursue and achieve the goals of the international education collaboration. More than 70 guides and college norms were proposed and summarized. 9 university-wide policies were amended according to the knowledge warehouse activity.
Journal Publication in Progress
Choi, J. (2022). The Dark Side of Agile Management: Correlating Agility, Stress, Positivity, and Project Performance.
Choi, J. (2022). Moderated-mediating Effects of Personality and Positive Psychological Capital in the Relationship between Work Environment and Employee Self-directed Behavior.
Kim Kihwan, Choi, J. Antonio, J; Laws, J; Kim, J (202x) Beyond Leader-Member Exchange (LMX): The Development of a New Typology Model of Leader-Follower Relationships. Journal of Leadership and Organization Studies (Manuscript JLOS-A-20-548. submitted on Nov. 15, 2020, under review). [SSCI, Impact Factor 2.25]
Lee J., Chae, C., Kim., S., Choi, J., Lee S., (202x). Exploring the Desirable Leadership Under the COVID-19 Crisis, and Its Impacts on Employee Resilience. Sustainability (Aug. 2020), under review. [SSCI, Impact Factor 2.798]
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
[R & R] Choi, J., Marjerison, R., Lee, S., Kim, K, Jeong, B., Vaccaro, V. (2021). The Pandemic’s Effect on Responsible Leadership by Gender: Changes Over Social Entrepreneurial Intention, Management and Organization Review (Under Review: Manuscript Submission: MOR-RLC-21-323, Nov. 30, 2021] [ABDC: A-level, SSCI, Impact Factor 2.34]
Lin, Y., Marjerison, Choi, J., Chae, C., (2022). Supply Chain Sustainability During COVID 19: Last Mile Food Delivery In China. Sustainability, 14, 1484. https:// doi.org/10.3390/su14031484 [published in Jan. 27, 2022] [SSCI, JCR - Q2, Impact Factor 3.90]
Choi, J., Kim, K, Jeong, B., Majerison, R., Lee, S., Vaccaro, V. (2021). The Effects of Morality and Positivity on Social Entrepreneurial Intention. Journal of Social Entrepreneurship (Manuscript RJSE-2020-0179, submitted in Dec. 13, 2020; major revision submitted Mar. 23, 2021) [ESCI, Impact Factor 1.61]
Choi, J. (2020). The Mediating Effect of Positive Psychological Capital between Autonomous Work Environment and Self-directed Behavior: Evidence from South Korea. Human Resource Development International, 23(1), pp. 46-65 , https://doi.org/10.1080/13678868.2019.1632094, [ESCI, Impact Factor 1.87]
Choi, J. (2019). Let’s Agree to Disagree: The Impact of Perceptual Gap of Work Environment on Self-directed Employee Behavior. International Journal of Conflict Management, Vol.30, No.4. (Published on June 13, 2019, https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/IJCMA-02-2019-0037, DOI: 10.1108/IJCMA-02-2019-0037), special edition - Conflict Management in Engineering. [SSCI, Impact Factor 1.35]
Choi, J., An, R., Zhao, J., Mao, X., & He, L. (2018). Developing software piracy free organization: A case of an American business school in China. International Journal of Business & Applied Science, Vol. 7 No. 2, pp. 15-37, http://ijbas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Vol7No2_Paper-2_Choi-et-al._Developing-Software-Piracy-Free-Organization-in-China.pdf (Published, Oct. 15, 2018).
Li, J, Wu, F, Bell, A, Choi, J, Mehdiabadi A. H. (2018). Talent Management Development in Asia: A Multiple-Case Study, European Journal of Training and Development, Vol. 42 Issue: 7/8, pp.499-516, https://doi.org/10.1108/EJTD-04-2018-0035 [Impact Factor 1.36], (July 29, 2018)
Yam B. Limbu, C. Jayachandran, Christopher McKinley, Jeonghwan Choi, (2018) "Exploring how structural and cognitive social capital influence preventive health behavior: Evidence from a Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) population", Health Education, Vol. 118 Issue: 5, pp.370-385, [SSCI, Impact Factor 1.00], Feb. 22, 2018
Jensen R. Limbu, Y.,& Choi, J. (2017). How does the stadium atmosphere at a college football game affect behavioural intentions across gender lines? The mediating role of spectator satisfaction. International Journal of Management and Marketing Research, v.9 (2), pp. 41-58 (Feb. 24, 2017) DOI. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=2650323&redirectFrom=true
Choi, J. (2015). A multilevel approach to self-directed employee behavior: evidence from South Korea. Journal of Business and Economics, 11(2015), JBE20150424-2, DOI: 10.15341/jbe(2155-7950)/11.06.2015/002
Choi, J. (2014). Learning from Experiences of Project Successes and Failures in the Workplace. International Journal of Business & Applied Sciences. Vol. 3, No. 2, 2014. PA, USA. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.32010.41924
Choi, J., Jeong, S., & Kehoe, C. (2012). Women in entrepreneurship education in US higher education. Journal of Business Diversity, 12(2), 11-26.
Choi S. B., Choi J., Lee Y. S. & Han M. S. (2003). Vibration control of an ER seat suspension for a commercial vehicle. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 125, No. 1, 60–68. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, NY, USA (SCI, Impact Factor 1.466).
Choi S.B, Choi J., Nam M.H., Cheong C. C. & Lee H. G. (1998). A semi-active suspension using ER fluids for a commercial vehicle seat. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 9, No. 8, 601–606. SAGE Journals (SCI, 2.172).
Peer-Reviewed Conference Proceedings
Choi, J., Marjerison, R., Lee, S., Kim, K, Jeong, B., Vaccaro, V. (2022). The mediating Effect of PsyCap on Social Entrepreneurial Intention by Gender and Pandemic, Academy of Management Conference 2022, Aug. 05-09, Seattle, USA, [AOM Proceeding ID: 12671, Submitted Jan. 07, 2022, Proceeding Available Here: https://submit.aom.org/2022/ViewDocument.aspx?SubID=12671&Page=View ]
Choi J. (2021). The Effects of Morality and Positivity and Beyond after Covid-19, The Global Leadership Form 2021 by Korean Leadership Academy, Sept. 17th, 2PM ~ 4PM via Zoom, Seoul, Korea. 대한 리더십 학회 ’21 글로벌 리더십 포럼 (9.17) shorturl.at/kzOR0 , Keynote Speaker Presentation video: https://youtu.be/_kzBT9qdXvw, Summary of the Key Note Speaking: https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/545
Kim, Kihwan, Park, Meungguk, Choi, Jeonghwan., Jeong, Bokgyo, Lee, Sookyoung (2021). Meta-Analysis on the Antecedents of Social Entrepreneurial Intention in Developing Countries. Northeast Decision Sciences Institute 50th Annual Conference 2021 (Submission ID: 100, Strategy and Organizational Behavior Track, Accepted, Feb. 15, 2021,: https://nedsi.decisionsciences.org/conference , March 26-27, 2021, Virtual Conference, Calhoun Road, Houston, Texas. Program Book (p. 41) : https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ibxr=0#sent/QgrcJHsbdJmgPXsbBDgWQQGDlDSRdTZhkzQ
Choi J. (2018). Developing Piracy Software Free Organization: A Case of American Business School in China, The 17th International Asian Conference of the Academy of Human Resource Development, Nov. 08 ~ 10, 2018. The Sukosol, Thailand.
Choi, J, Long Y., Yu, J. (2018). Gender Difference in Technology Acceptance: Evidence from China, The 15th International Conference of the Society for Global Business & Economic Development (SGBED). June 08-10, UIBE, Beijing, China
Choi, J, An R., Zhao J., Mao, X., He L., (2017). Diffusion of Legal Software Use on Campus (Poster & Presentation), Kean Research Day Conference, Union / NJ, USA & Wenzhou / China. April 29, 2017.
Jensen R., Limbu, Y., & Choi, J. (2016). Canada for the Women’s World Cup? An Examination of How A Special Event Can Increase Sports Tourism?, Business and Applied Sciences Academy of North America (BAASANA) conference at the the Newman Conference of the City University of New York, Aug. 17-19, 2016.
Li, J. Hedayni, A, Choi, J. Wu, F. (2015). Talent Management: An Increasingly Noticeable Human Capital Strategy in Asia, 14th International Conference of the Asia Chapter of Academy of Human Resource Development, Macau, China, Nov.05-07, 2015
Jensen R., Limbu, Y., & Choi, J. (2015). The Influence of Sports Stadium Atmosphere on Behavioral Intention: The Mediating Role of Spectator Satisfaction. Business and Applied Sciences Academy of North America (BAASANA) conference at the City University of New York, Aug. 12-14, 2015.
Choi, J. (2014). A multilevel approach to self-directed employee behavior: Evidence from South Korea. International Conference of Academy of Human Resource at Saint Louis, Feb. 2014.
Choi, J. (2014). How to get employees work by themselves?. Business and Applied Sciences Academy of North America (BAASANA) conference at Ramapo College of New Jersey, June 19-21.
Choi, J., Jeong S. & Kehoe, C. (2012). Women in entrepreneurship education in US colleges and universities. Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA.
Choi, J., Jeong S. & Kehoe, C. (2012). Women in entrepreneurship education in U.S. higher education. USASBE 2012 Conference, April 12~14, New Orleans, LA.
Choi, J. (2011). Seasoning decision styles of engineers at workplace. UKC 2011, Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association, Park City, Utah.
Park, U.Y, Han, S. H. & Choi, J. (2011). Behind the virtual anonymous curtain: Contents analysis of career transition of Korean engineers. Academy of Human Resource Development Conference, Chicago, IL.
Choi, J. (2010). Changes of entrepreneurship education in U.S. colleges and universities. Oct. 13, College of Education Graduate Conference, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Choi J., Marszalek J., Lee J. & Linnemeyer S. (2009). Evaluation of support programs for underserved populations in engineering. August 18, American Society of Engineering Education, Austin, TX.
Huang, W.D., Yoo, S.J. & Choi, J. (2008). Correlating college students' learning styles and how they use Web 2.0 applications for learning in C. Bonk et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2008, 2752-2759. Chesapeake, VA.
Huang, W.D., Huang, W.R., Nakazawa, K., Choi, J. & Yoo, S. (2008). Design a better entrepreneurial learning: correlating entrepreneurial tendency and learning style. The 8th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Business, Honolulu, HI.
Choi, J., Yoo, S. & Huang, W.D. (2008). Learning style and entrepreneurial tendency: Analysis of entrepreneurial tendency with learning style for non-business students. International Research Conference of Academy of Human Resource Development, Panama City, FL.
Choi, S. B., Choi J. (1998). A semi-active suspension using ER fluids for a commercial vehicle seat. 4th European Conference on Smart Structures and Materials, Proceedings, 217–224. Harrogate, U.K.
Choi J., Choi, S. B. (1997). A semi-active suspension using ER fluids for a commercial vehicle seat, National Conference of KSNVE, Proceedings, Vol. 430, 394–399. Gyong-Ju, Korea.
Choi J. (1995). Vibration control of a flexible single-link manipulator with Piezo-film actuator. Human Tech Conference of SAMSUNG, Seoul, Korea.
Choi, J., Kim, K, Jeong, B., Majerison, R., Lee, S., Vaccaro, V. (2020). Dynamics of Morality and Positivity in Creating Social Entrepreneurial Intention (ISER Colloquium at Kean University, Sponsored by Center for Social Enterprise and Charity), China Social Enterprise and Impact Investing Forum, Oct. 30, 2020. Wenzhou-Kean University, GEH B-101, 7PM ~ 9PM, Wenzhou, China. Presentation Video: https://youtu.be/UYZBwJDGg0U
Choi J. (2020). Management Paradigm Change Under the COVID-19 Crisis, The first Impact Investment International Forum, June 28, 2020. Wenzhou, China [Virtual Conference], https://youtu.be/HirAzDzMuMM .
Aligning with organizational mission, vision, value, and strategic goals, Dr. Choi proactively organizes, leads, and engages in multiple committees, research centers, initiatives, events, and others.
Please refer to: https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/518
Committee Services for College
- 2018 ~ now: Faculty Search Committee Chair at Management, Marketing, and GBUS department. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/484
- 2019-20: Reviewed more than 50 applicants, Job-talks with 10 candidates, Offered 8 jobs, On-duty 4:
- 2015 ~ now, Coordinator of The International Kean Business Plan Competition. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/454
- 2020, acted as a Judge of the Kean BPC (Dec. 04, 2020); mentored more than 15 teams and Three Wenzhou-Kean teams won prizes at the competition. 2020 virtual Kean BPC Conference video: https://youtu.be/PJFllBBKWuM
- 2019, mentored more than 25 teams and Three Wenzhou-Kean teams won prizes at the competition
- 2018, mentored more than 45 teams and Three Wenzhou-Kean teams won prizes at the competition
- 2017, mentored more than 30 teams and Three Wenzhou-Kean teams won prizes at the competition
- 2016, mentored more than 10 teams and Two Wenzhou-Kean teams won prizes at the competition (Please see a news article: http://www.wku.edu.cn/view.jsp?id0=z0hp3nz8go&id1=z0hp3nzuxp&id=z0ioeuatzh)
- 2016 ~ now, IRB Committee Chair in College of Business (Wenzhou campus), IRB Processes at CBPB, WKU. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/451
- 2016 ~ now, Committee member of Innovation and Entrepreneurship initiative in Wenzhou campus (e.g. WKU CBPM Operational Improvement Initiative. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/513 )
- 2016 ~ now, Committee member of Student Research (e.g. Research Day Event Organizer and Evaluator).
- 2019 ~ now: Established and Operates the Center for Social Enterprise and Charity (CSEC) at Wenzhou Kean University. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/475
- 2019 ~ now: Established and Operates the International Social Entrepreneurship Research (ISER) Colloquium at College of Business, Wenzhou Kean University.https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/483
- 2018 ~ now: Commencement Marshal of College of Business
- Nov. 05 ~ now: Wenzhou O-K innovation Center Project Initiative, https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/519
- May 17, 2020 ~ now: Online Education Resource (OER) Initiative, https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/514
- June 30, 2020 ~ now: Returning Faculty Initiative, https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/503
- 2019 ~ now: College of Business Social Media Lab Initiative, https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/476
- Feb. 24 ~ Aug. 31, 2020: Online Course Development (Transition) Initiative in Pandemic, https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/488
- May, 13, 2018 ~ : Coordinator of CBPM Building Improvement Initiative, Responding to the demand of continual CBPM building improvement, I suggested a few action plans to improve classrooms and learning facilities at CBPM building.
Completed in 2019: http://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/456
- 2017 ~ now: 50-50 Initiative (Graduate School Guide), https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/445
- 2017 ~ now: Business Research and Innovation Center (BRIC) Center Initiative, https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/465
School Activity Participations
12.21 ~ 12.25, 2020 Contents Creator, 2020 WKU Faculty Retreat Program, Dr Choi recorded, archived, and created Faculty Retreat contents. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/523
10.18, 2020 Speaker, Professional Development Days (PDD)
Session: “How to Guide Graduate Schools?”https://youtu.be/LWORkFZWEZo
06.08, 2019 Speaker, Professional Development Days (PDD)
Session: “How to Guide Graduate Schools?” https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/445
05.08, 2019 Translator, Translated Prof. Dr. Incheol Kim’s special lecture of Retro Modernism, “Open”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzEVhlonb9o
05.01, 2018 Speaker, Professional Development Days (PDD)
Session: “How to Apply IRB in Kean University” http://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/451
04. 2018 ~ 08.2020 Director of Project Management Certificate Program Initiative, Responding to the demand of project management education in China, I organised a PM certificate education initiative team with Dr. Marjerison and Dr. Sarmann to open two courses. The PM certificate program gradually open to public for MBA and professional education.
03.18, 2018 Presenter, Introducing College of Business and Public Management at the Open House day. http://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/455
11.27, 2017 ~ IRB Coordinator, Workshop of “IRB Application Process at Management & Marketing, College of Business, Kean University (Wenzhou), http://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/451
11.04, 2017 Organizer, Workshop of “Career Development in 21st Century”, http://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/449
10. 18, 2017 Organizer, Workshop of “Guiding to Graduate Schools” http://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/445
10.04, 2017 Speaker, Professional Development Days (PDD)
- Session: “How to give a stronger recommendation letter?”, http://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/444
- Session: Developing Illegal Software Free Global Campus, https://www.slideshare.net/jeonghwan.choi
- 03.07, 2017 Presenter, Introducing College of Business and Public Management at the Open House day.
Academic Advising, and Mentoring Experience
2020 ~ 2021 Academic Advisor,
- Advising 64 undergraduate students (including 3 exchange students)
2019 ~ 2020 Academic Advisor,
- Advising 136 undergraduate students (including 8 exchange students)
2018 ~ 2019 Academic Advisor,
- Advising 112 undergraduate students (including 15 exchange students)
2017 ~ 2018 Academic Advisor,
- Advising 75 undergraduate students (including 15 exchange students)
- Advising three Student Organizations (Workshop Team: Guiding to Graduate Schools, Enactus: Student Entrepreneurship Club, Online Game Club: Student Research Club on Online Game Business)
- Advising 112 undergraduate students (including 15 exchange students)
2017 Organizer, Workshop of “Guiding to Graduate Schools” (http://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/445). Hosted the workshop to help students applying graduate schools. 110 students participated in the workshop. Eight students volunteered for the workshop to learn ‘how to organise and manage a project”. Oct. 18, 2017.
2016 ~ 2017 Academic Advisor,
- Advising 112 undergraduate students (including 15 exchange students)
- Advising Student Research Team: “Diffusion of Legal Software in a Global Campus”
- Advising three Student Organizations (Workshop Team: Guiding to Graduate Schools, Enactus: Student Entrepreneurship Club, Online Game Club: Student Research Club on Online Game Business)
- 2015– 2016 Act as a “Shark” at Shark Tank Campus Entrepreneurship Compentition. Give regular and informal coaching for student entrepreneurs in Kean University.
2012–2013 Organizer of an academic community of inquiry (CoI). organised ed and led a community of inquiry for socialization study. Twelve Ph.D. students of Human Resource Development, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
2012–2013 Mentor. Lectured the ‘Concise of HRD’ and mentored for ethnic minority students. Seven Korean Ph.D. and master students of Human Resource Development, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
2012 Advisory Board Member. Advised conducting cultural studies. Eleven Korean Culture Center leaders at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
2012 Coach at Social Enterprise Project. Advised and coached students to conduct social entrepreneurship projects. Twenty Social Entrepreneurship and environmental psychology class students.
2008 Assistant Leadership Program Coordinator, Illinois Leadership Certificate Program, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Lectured “How to marketize oneself at job market by using personal homepage and social media”.
2007–2013 Director of KSEA. Advised and mentored global career development. Korean Science and Engineering major students at University of Illinois.
Invited Talks & Conference Participation
07. 02, 2020 “Wenzhou Kean University Media Center (Alisa) interviewed with Dr. Jeonghwan (Jerry) Choi to Listen his "Management Paradigm Change Under Covid-19 Crisis" at 2020 Impact Investing International Forum @ Wenzhou. https://youtu.be/wnEgMY61nJw
06. 08, 2020 & 06.15, 2020
“How to get people to work by themselves?”, The High-Rank and Mid-Level Government Officer Development Program, Iksan, S. Korea (“어떻게 하면 직원 스스로 알아서 일하게 할 수 있을까? 고위공직자 리더십 개발 및 중간관리자 과정, 지방자치 인재개발원, 익산)
06.12, 2020 “Human Resource Development in Post COVID-19”, Korean Industrial Workforce Development Conference, Web-conferencing (한국 산업교육학회 춘계 학술대회), https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/501
05. 14. 2020 “How to get people to work by themselves?”, The 17th Leadership Development Program for Top-tier Policy Makers in Local Government (지방자치 인재개발원, 지방혁신과 분권을 선도하는 창의적 고위리더 양성, 고위정책과정), Seoul Digital University, Seoul, South Korea. Junho Lee; email@example.com, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMD0SHazE5o
07. 19. 2019 “Sensemaking in Artificial Intelligence Era”, International Conference on Smart Cities, Seoul, Korea. https://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/479
11.04. 2017 “Career Development in 21st Century”, Kean University (Wenzhou), Career Development Centre, Wenzhou, China. Guiding to Career Development for the Millennial: http://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/449
07.21.2017 “Self-directed Behavior in the Industry 4.0 Era: How to Get People to Work By Themselves?”, International Conference on Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Constructed Infrastructure, Seoul, Korea
04.03.2014 “A Reflective Practice for Deep Learning in Business and Management: Tea Ceremony,” Ramapo College of New Jersey (http://leadershipcenter.tistory.com/search/%ED%96%89%EB%8B%A4).
05.04.2013 "How to develop Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math talents?" at Korean Scientists and Engineering Association Central Illinois Chapter.
04.24.2010 "Representation of Korea as a Korean-American," Building e-Community of Koreans Abroad (BeKA), Korean Culture Center, Illinois.
09.03.2009 "Utilizing professional social networking for STEM career success," at Korean Scientists and Engineering Association Central Illinois Chapter.
05.02.2009 "Leadership Development for Korean-American Students," Korean Culture Center, Illinois.
09.06.2012 "The effects of local currency system on environment," Dr. Ming’s class of Environmental Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
09.30.2009 "Understanding Korean Students" at International Student and Scholar Service, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
09.08.2008 "Sell Yourself," Illinois Leadership Center.
01.08.2008 "Leadership Development Program for Scientists and Engineers at Institute of Genomic Biology Lab," University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
02.09.2006 "Strategic Innovation," IDC, Pyong-taek, S. Korea.
Award and Honors
2020 Excellent Award in Research and Creativity. 2019-20 Academic Year Annual Awards, Wenzhou-Kean University (5,000 RMB = USD 750) , Sept. 07, 2020.
2019 Award of The Best Service - Establishing and launching Business Research & Innovation Center; Social Media Lab at College of Business & Public Management, Kean University (Wenzhou), Nov. 08, 2019.
2019 Faculty Commencement Marshal, Chosen and Served as the 2019 Commencement Head Marshal, Kean University (Wenzhou), June 02, 2019.
2017 Most Cute Professor (a.k.a. Excellent Teaching Award), Wenzhou Kean University Student Government, The 4th Hall of Fame Ceremony, May 05, 2017 at Wenzhou Kean University.
2014 Outstanding Reviewer Award, Academy of Management, Organizational Behavior Division (Chair, Dr. Mary Unl-Bien), AOM Conference 2014 at Philadelphia.
2014 Best Paper Award, “How to get employees work by themselves?” at Business and Applied Sciences Academy of North America (BAASANA) conference at Ramapo College of New Jersey, June 19-21.
2013 Dissertation Travel Award for an international study, Graduate College of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
2012 William Chandler Bagley Scholar, Distinguished intellectual and meeting the educational challenges of the future, College of Education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
2012 Fabac-Tomlinson Award, Outstanding graduate student in EPOL, College of Education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
2012 Hardie Conference Award, Bureau of Educational Research Endowment and Charles Dunn Hardie.
2008 Best Paper Award, World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
2008 Hardie Conference Award, Bureau of Educational Research Endowment and Charles Dunn Hardie.
2007 Most Valuable Thesis Award, Koukdundo Federation, Seoul, Korea. Thesis: Tao of Innovation.
2005 Highest Practical Value Award, European Human Resource Paper Competition, Interpool-personal.de, Berlin, Germany. Thesis: Analysis of Effective Job Recruiting Tools for Chemical Engineers within Dow Chemical Europe.
Wenzhou TV, April 01, 2020, “Online Classes Ongoing: A Good Example of Wenzhou-Kean University”, https://youtu.be/DaiRJd8MEUo
ABC News Channel 15, WCID, Sept. 10, 2012, “Local Currency To Boost Local Economy” by Marine Gilsovic. http://www.wicd15.com/news/topstories/stories/wicd_vid_5504.shtml
WKU University News, Oct. 05, 2020, “WKU Supports “Good Ideas for Public Goods”. Dr. Jerry Choi organized the event of 10 hours donations for a campus social enterprise. https://wku.edu.cn/en/2020/10/05/50959/
WKU University News, July 09, 2020, “Interview with Dr. Jerry Choi: Management Paradigm Change Under the COVID-19 Crisis” by WKU Media Center, https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/ab_NI-oFLSkaMfKBSZOBrQ
IMPACT: More than 110 media published the article in China, The article is exposed to more than 55214 times for readers.
WKU University News, Feb. 05, 2020, “Global Linkage, Thousands of Miles to Help-In the face of the epidemic, the WKU people do their best to contribute” by Chenyan Zhou. http://www.wku.edu.cn/en/2020/02/05/45864/
WKU University News, May 20, 2016, “Two WKU teams won top prizes at 2016 Kean Business Plan Competition”. http://www.wku.edu.cn/view.jsp?id0=z0hp3nz8go&id1=z0hp3nzuxp&id=z0ioeuatzh
The News-Gazette, Oct. 09, 2012, “Currency for Local Merchants Unveiled” by Don Dodson. http://www.news-gazette.com/news/business/entrepreneurs/2012-10-09/currency-local-merchants-unveiled.html
Korean Daily (Joong-Ang Ilbo, Chicago), Oct. 09, 2012, “Protecting Local Community Economy with UIUC Style: Korean Graduate Students lead Urbana-Champaign Local Currency” by Joohyun Kim. http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?page=4&branch=NEWS&source=CH&category=society&art_id=1501724
CU Asian Times, Aug. 11, 2012, “Champaign-Urbana Prints its Own Currency” by Jae Hyuk Yang.
2020 Institutional Research Board (IRB) Certificate (ID: 6501682) at Humanities, Social Science, Education, and Art (Refreshed in May 15, 2020 from original certificate of 2017)
- CITI Program completion: https://www.citiprogram.org/verify/?k49c66442-45e1-46f1-b3c5-ed3ae52c41d0-36634057
- Certificate of Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR): https://www.citiprogram.org/verify/?w128a1223-987c-4c7d-a7a4-79567bf54e4d-36634057
2019 Certificate of Completion of CAMSIM / CAPSTONE training for Strategic Management Course Teaching (Nov. 11, 2019)
2017 Institutional Research Board (IRB) Certificate (ID: 6501682) at Social, Behavioral, Educational Researchers (Aug. 15, 2017)
- CITI Program Completion: https://www.citiprogram.org/verify/?kca1f606b-1fda-49e3-b32a-5a68bcb78e7c-24193289
- Certificate of Human Subjects Research in Social, Behavioral, Educational Research: https://www.citiprogram.org/verify/?w07dfe1ef-354b-4dbb-9157-0ebf53906cba-24193289
2006 Certified Meditation Coach (Sabum, Black Belt), Kouksundo Federation.
2002 Certified Moderator (Facilitator), Robert BOSCH, Germany
2020 – Red Cross Volunteer, Volunteer of Emergency Response and Community Service, College of Business & Public Management, Wenzhou-Kean University, Wenzhou, China.
2008–2014 Master coach, Kouksundo Meditation Club (Registered Student Organization), the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
2011–2014 Advisory Director, Korean Culture Club, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.